Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Passing The Torch

My dear Joey finally beat me at NHL 07 today. I'm no longer using my own team, but I feel that it was a tight game: garbage and skill goals were evenly distributed, strong skating and stringent defense in the first, a pair of morale shattering goals in the second, a reply goal in the third only for us to trade back and forth as he tried to hold onto the lead; and then an extremely tight finish with my guys crowding the zone with shot after shot eventually even pulling a hail mary along with our goalie and doing everything but putting in that crucial tying goal. In other words: I feel he beat me fair and square... and I couldn't be prouder.

Good Game, Dude.

Despite my happiness for my skilled roomate, I can't help but feel a little wistful. This wasn't supposed to happen for another two weeks. It feels like the end of an era.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Daniel,

Thanks for the personal training in NHL 07! Even though I won, I don't think it was a legitimate win with all that garbage goals. But damn it why'd you have to get me addicted to this game!!