Tuesday, February 27, 2007

We traded Smytty.

I had a good day today, a great day today but right now i'm sick to my stomach.

Edmonton... we... traded away our heart and our soul.

Even if Ryan Smyth wins a Stanley Cup with the New York Islanders -and for his sake, I sincerely hope they do, despite the 'Isles having been pretty much been one of my least preferred teams (maybe second only to the Leafs)- I don't for one minute believe that Smyth would want to win a cup in any jersey but the blue and copper. Ryan Smyth should never have to skate for even one moment in any colours other than Blue and Copper unless it's the Red and White of his national team or an all-star jersey. I'm always going to be an Oiler man, even if someday I cease to watch hockey, i'll be an Oilers man; But for the near future and the rest of this season, there is no way I can cheer for this team.

Mr. Smyth, here's to your success. You gave Edmonton and it's fans everything and I wish you all the best no matter where you are *Raises Glass*.

No comments: