Friday, March 2, 2007

The Peppering Chicken

I was out for lunch with the spectacular Erica-May Chan the other day and we noticed that a dish was named "Peppering Chicken". Peppering, clearly this couldn't just be some normal dish, why not just "pepper" or "peppered"?. Then it hit us, what if they were not advertising a food but rather... a service? Immediately we conjured up visions of a prim chicken maƮtre d' being wheeled up on a little cart and holding in it's wings a pepper grinder. I don't know what they put in the tea but we were laughing over the idea for the better part of the afternoon.

So later on we pulled out the sketchbooks and here are some of my ridiculous doodles.

Considering that I can't for the life of me remember any of the spurious details of chicken anatomy, I'm pretty happy with these. The second chicken au poivre is based on the sketch that Erica-May made since I suck at cartooning. I decided to take it all the way to kick my own ass over never using the tablet:

The Peppering Chicken was pretty damned good btw.

4 comments:

*steph said...

Oh I'm so proud to have a brother who actually uses his blog. I'm to lazy to do mine because now its all Google-ized so I'm just going to watch YouTube videos instead. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog because I am in fact you little not seven year old sister. Anyways I'm going to send you an email now or else this will get very long and then your friends might see it and then you'll have 'la honte' (the shame) of having a sister who leaves pointless comments on your blog. Like this one... anyways its totally aweomse that you said 'au poivre' because that's french and I'm in France. Small world eh? I went to Disneyland yesterday. Ok I'll do the email now. ugh shut up Stephanie Buddha (will explain that too).
I love you brother!
I was actually going to talk about Engrish in France but can't actually think of exact examples so I'll leave it for later when I find a funny sign and take a picture of it.

Dcfung said...

Ah blogging! Nothing is quite as awesome as the definitive wasting of time. If you're buddha does this mean I have to bring you fruits and burn that incense stuff? That might set off the fire alarm.

e-m. said...

Time to backtrack and finally leave you a comment for this one. I love your revision of the chicken, all exquisitely 'peppered' and pizazzed with Danpower.

Dcfung said...

Danpower is filled with essential vitamins and MSG-Free!