Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Word!



It was mentioned that this is something that would look pretty sweet as a wheatpaste, and I would like to agree wholeheartedly except that drew it as a lark and don't really support the message. We were talking one half about the upcoming Olympics and the other about the depressingly consumer culture of Vancouver and then thought it'd be pretty cool to draw a fist going through the Olympic emblem and grasping for some cash. Also, I really just like to say "Word!".

Seriously though, I do have some issues with the Olympics taking place here. People have said things about it being a cash grab, or supporting negative politics, about it advancing the already burgeoning yuppie metastasis of the west coast. I totally agree with that, but not because I have some righteous conviction. I agree with it because I am an angry carmudgeon; . What it boils down to is that I don't want to have it in my backyard. I don't want to have my life bothered by this event and I don't want to deal with the construction and the crowding and blah blah blah. I suspect that most vocal protesters are motivated by the same thing. And that's cool, It's fine to hate on stuff, just own up for being a crank. On the whole, I wish people would be more analytical of their angry political leanings.

2 comments:

e-m. said...

Here here! *fist in the air*

Dan szilagyi said...

word dude....word