Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Everybody's Working For The Weekend

Long weekends are kind of nice. We invented a new sport on thursday night and then Doctor Ed and his girlfriend dropped in for the weekend. I took them on the nooks and crannies tour of the city (chinatown, parks, bookstore, cathedral, granville island et al.) and we went out for all you can eat and korean bbq as a group and I finally saw SPIDERMAN..... two. So I guess i'll catch the new one in a few years or so. Good times, brief and I really wish we had more time, but it was a relief to touch base and it was really neat to finally meet Shannon. I had planned on getting out some more but the weather was shitty so awww... more domestics and NHL campaigning and looking at increasingly crazy internet artists, illustrators and other pencil drawww-ers. It was hell trying to get up this morning but hey I made it and i'm pretty energized for the week.

Thought i'd lost the link, but I found the work of Tomer (and his twin brother Azaf) Hanuka again and between that and looking through James Jean and Kenichi Hoshine's blog, I feel like I need to press even harder onwards with my daily illustration and creative routine. With all the excitement I missed going to this month's Vancouver Comic Jam (thought it looks like Laura and Damon skipped out too, but Kat made it?) which means i'm vowing to check it out in the coming month. I'm finding that I really like meeting new artists and i'm more open to sitting down and drawing with people (instead of scribbling away in a dark corner with my arm covering my sketches) so i'm looking for more and more opportunities. Yes! Drawing consumes my soul! RARRRRRRRR!!!!

2 comments:

Laura Jane Hamilton said...

I was at Comic Jam with a couple of friends (although Damon did skip) but I didn't sign the roll call... Someone had just spilt beer all over it and it was pretty soggy... haha... perfect.

Anonymous said...

hey...drawing with one hand and covering your drawings with the other requires skillz...polished skills