Monday, May 14, 2007

Sketch N' Sangria

Finally made it out for drinks with some of the kids from work last friday. I hadn't really planned on it, but I ended up passing around some sketchbooks and we did some serious pencil jamming which actually made for a really good time.

I'm fixated on how interesting it is to see other people's styles and takes on a subject and being in a "public" environment certainly makes it a lot more interesting that say sitting at home and staring at devart. I'm a big fan of process so here's a the scans of the ones I managed to take home with me hope it's cool with you that i'm blatantly posting your stuff:

We did a series of sketches based on the arbitrary system where we just throw a subject / prop / setting for anyone to choose and then we just mix it into a drawing.

As I recall the first round was just four of us (Karen, Myself, Laura and Jenny (who totally ripped her pages out of my book... dammit updated: Got some of Jenny's back)

Drunken Mouse
Torch
Castle




By the second round, everyone joined in. So we added an "emotion" to the list.

Peregrine Falcon (mwahaha, I knew exactly what that looked like
Gassing
Pragmatic
Pineapple
Rooftop



3rd.
Spider
Beachball
Karaoke
Dissatisfied
Mushroom Patch



There you have it. There was one more, but I think the sangria was starting to kick in so i'm pretty much too ashamed to post it. I'll try to get everyone who was involved to send me scans next time.

Also, i'm going to cheat and count this as a tonight's; but I liked posting new stuff up every night last week (even though I totally crashed a few nights) so i'm going to keep trying to do that this week.

1 comment:

Dan szilagyi said...

see what drinking does for you? tsk tsk...i mean drunken mice singing..and spiders singing...do i see a pattern here?