Saturday, April 28, 2007

I Heart Bessy

I love cows. I've had a myriad of conversations with fellow refugees about how growing up in the wintry climes of Alberta, you are literally bred to eat cattle. I remember how we were taught in the formitive stages of grade two, that drinking six glasses of milk a day was not only a healthy standard, but the bare minimum of required calcium consumption. We also received "points" of unsubstantiated value that we could only imagine affected our academic perfomance, for each dairy product that we consumed. I've only recently realized that beef is possibly not the healthiest meat out there -as was taught to me-, and that realization is only half-hearted, like how you know that Optimus Prime is nor real but you totally believe he is. In short, it's amazing how a little funding from the Dairy and Livestock Farmers Associations can go a long way. Mad-Cows beware! I am hiding in the tall grass, waiting to rush out and devour you whole!

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Yes, but cows are possibly the happiest of all commercially consumed cows. IM me if you ever notice this comment. =)