Friday, April 13, 2007

Feisty! Hurr Hurr Hurr

Wow, I guess I can just totally try to plump my indie rock cred by posting this up before most people do. Or do I lose all my points for just pointing that out? Is Feist totally not cool now? Wait, am I supposed to post stuff that I don't like? Dammit, indie rock is so confusing! Anyways, there's a new video from her new album. "1234" and directed by Patrick Daughters who I rather like.



I'd be a little hesitant to put this up because while Feist has a gorgeous voice, serious music chops, is from my hood (and is also is retardedly hot); her last album felt really more like a sampler than anything... The songs were kind of all over the place and I got the feeling that -while some tracks were really amazing- it was more of an experiment and maybe not even her experiment but rather that of her collaborators. But Feist has the best voice since Cat Power and though it's probably taboo, i'm just gonna call it: writes way better songs than Cat Power. Judging from this track i'm going to enjoy the new album, it sounds like a female fronted Sufjan Stevens composition, which is pretty much exactly what i'm looking for (there's a rant I need to write about that). Plus, the meticulously chereography just looks like ridiculous fun.

I am also wondering if anyone wants to hit the May 15th Feist show at the Orpheum on the odd chance there are still tickets left? Hallis, Erica-May, Jenny i'm looking at you guys. I'm going on day shift as of next week so I can go! but i'm needy and it's kind of weird to go alone. Be there to break my concert virginity! That was really creepy. I'm going to go to sleep now. FEIST FTW!!!

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Wow, I love her voice.

Dcfung said...

Feist is rad! If you like her, also check out Cat Power's "The Greatest" (not a Greatest Hits album).